Tonight Gary and I were lucky enough to get to go to the Flames game (thanks Johnson Family), this was a BRAND new experience for me. I had never been to an NHL game before and to be honest it was the first hockey game I had been to since college that involved a very long ride to Vegerville on bad roads.
For those of you who read my blog regularly I am big on lists to get my opinions and thoughts across so staying true to form here is my break down of the night
1. I hate C-trains and as I am getting on the only thing I can think of is the line from All about Steve Where she says she suffers from "acute benign vertigo" as she is getting on the bus...that and how many people have touched the rails (gross I may just need to take a blogging break to sanitize my hands again)
2. Should have dressed a tad bit warmer...slightly chilly in the arena
3. It was armed forces appreciation night so that was really cool
4. Why is all the fighting done in the first period then really no fighting after that. Seriously the first fight was 30 seconds into the game.
5. Love the smell of beer and stale cigarette smoke...NOT
6. for some reason the camera at the end of the arena that follows the puck was very amusing to me
7. Those poor girls that in short shorts shoveling snow in front of the nets pretty sad they get almost as many cheers as the players (just putting it out there)
8. I wonder if the players and the refs ever get frustrated by having to wait for some of the extra audience participation stuff to be done before continuing with the game
9. Thought the whole experience was really cool/
10. Why do teams no longer shake hands at the end of the game...what ever happened to sportsmanship
11. why did one night bring on so many questions
12. the Good Ole Hockey game songs still makes me giggle LOVE the song...had forgotten all about it.
13. Did I mention I hat c-trains...getting that close and intimate with strangers kinda creeps me out
14. Food at hockey games smells wonderful...to bad none of it is in my diet right now
15. It was a date night out with my Husband.
4 years ago